First of all we want to thank Saltytoes that we got nominated for the Liebster Award. We love to travel and we enjoy sharing our love with all of you! Thank you for acknowledging our blog and our work. We have been travelling half of our live and half of the world – Tom moved to Fuerteventura with his parents when he was a baby so travel love is in his blood. I decided that I was born in the wrong country when I was fourteen so I thought the whole world should be my home from now on. So, we know a lot about travelling the world, but we don’t know so much about blogging. We just started doing that, we are still newcomers, so for us getting to know other blogs and bloggers is a great opportunity to enhance our network.
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is and award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is aimed at newcomers who have recently launched their blog and share their passion with the world. Since you get to nominate other bloggers as well, it is a great opportunity to connect with other bloggers and get to know the person behind the blogs a little better.
The Liebster Award rules in a nutshell:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Share who’s your favourite blogger/blog
- Tell 10 random facts about you (optional)
- Answer the questions you were asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Select 5 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
Who is our favourite blog?
There are many travel blogs we enjoy following but the one we like most is “Geh mal Reisen” as we can see much of ourselves in Anja and Daniel. They are entertaining, provide lots of useful insights and enjoy their live travelling just as much as we do. Their VLOGs are very entertaining and we always look forward to any new episode.
10 random facts about us
- We both have the same favorite dish: Cordon Bleu with French Fries and cranberry sauce
- We fell in love at a party to which Bianca was not even invited
- Tom needs a glass of milk to every sweet dish
- Our bedroom is painted pink and we both love it
- Bianca knows the craziest dance moves – when she hears 90s music
- Breaking Bad is our favorite TV-show – we watched all seasons eight times already
- Bianca is afraid of snakes – Tom of horses
- Bianca loves Christmas Trees – that is why we bought a plastic one that we can leave the entire year
- We take a Polaroid picture at every place we visit
- Bianca’s favorite animal is the capybara – she is even a Capybara godmother at the zoo
The 10 questions we were asked by Salty Toes
- What fascinates you the most about travelling? There is a quote saying “Life begins outside your comfort zone” and that is exactly what we think is the most fascinating about travelling. We love our life, our city, our apartment, our jobs and everything we do makes us happy. But travelling makes us feel more alive than anything else. We love that the only certain thing when going on a journey is that it will be exciting and thrilling. We love to indulge into the unknown and uncertain, discover new things as well as ourselves every day again and again, enjoy the beauty of the world, its people, its cultures, its differences and also its equalities.
- Which travel quote fits you best? We don’t travel to escape life but life not to escape us.
- Which language would you like to speak and why? Portuguese because we speak English, Spanish, German and a little bit of French, Italian and Russian and can survive … well almost everywhere. Portuguese because we really love to indulge into the local culture when travelling, speaking the language for us builds the basis for that. We would love to travel to Brazil and Portugal, but so far have always preferred countries where we speak the language.
- Which country would you visit again and where would you never set a foot into again? Tom would always visit New Zealand again because the untouched nature and the wonderful landscapes have just totally caught him. Bianca is head over heels in love with the United States and would always return there because she is totally attracted by diverse and spacious landscapes, exciting cities and breathtaking nature. Basically, there is no country where we would not go again because for us every place has its own magic. If we really had to pick a place we would not visit again, it might be rather a city than a country because we both did not really enjoy Montreal. We keep on hearing it is a beautiful and amazing city and we would never say it isn’t … it just did not capture us.
- Airplane or car? Which is your preferred way to travel? We always said that every journey starts with a long-haul flight. Now, we would say it is a combination of both, we love to fly to some wonderful place in the world, then take a campervan and explore all kinds of remote places, sleeping in the middle of nowhere, bathing in lakes, enjoying nature in its purest form. We also love to explore Europe with our own car – a VW Polo – and our tent, which makes us feel equally free as travelling overseas.
- Who is your favorite partner to travel with? We are our preferred travel partners because we share the same travel style and love the same things … endless nothingness, lonely places, mountains, lakes, high coastal cliffs, trying new things, local food, camping, bathing in the sun, dancing in the rain, freezing in the snow and enjoying life on tour.
- What was your most embarrassing experience while travelling? Tom hasn’t gained any embarrassing experience on travel so far, Bianca of course has. She was confronted with the most embarrassing situation was when she travelled to Budapest with her friend Moni. It took them 7 hours to get there instead of 4 because Moni again held the road map upside down so they drove in the wrong direction for about 1.5 hours. When they had finally arrived, their car was suddenly on fire at a red traffic light because of some engine issue. As there was bank holiday in Hungary, it took three days to get the car fixed and as they did not have enough money to pay for a hotel, they had to stay with the person who was the first to help them with the fire situation – a Hungarian millionaire called “Amigo” – that was embarrassing but one of the funniest travel experiences.
- How and why did you start your blog? Bianca loves writing, Tom is a professional photographer, we both love travelling and we know a lot about it, so we thought it was time to share our experience with others and inspire our followers to also live their dreams and do what they love.
- What are the best travel tipps you can give? Just go. Go and see all the beauty in the world. Be open for everything and don’t be afraid that the world is a dangerous place and something might happen. Indulge into the culture, try the local food, talk to the people and the return on the travel investment will be bigger than you would ever expect.
- Beach or Mountains? Mountains because it is an indescribable feeling to climb a mountain and then arriving on top totally exhausted but so happy because of the beautiful panoramic view.
Our nominees and 10 questions for them
Ok now – we really hoped you enjoyed reading about us. At the end, we want to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award (they are all in German btw):
So here are our ten questions for them:
- Which was the most exciting city that you have ever visited?
- What was the first country you have ever travelled to?
- Is there any place you have already visited more than once and if yes, what made you go there again?
- What have you learnt from travelling? Is there any special finding you have gained?
- Plan or Drift? What describes your travel style?
- Crowded City or Endless Nature?
- What was the most adventurous journey you have ever made?
- What do you miss most on your travels / being away from home?
- If you could only take five things, what would you pack for your next journey?
- If you could choose one country, where would you like to live?
We look forward to your answers 🙂
Hallo ihr Beiden!
Vielen lieben Dank nochmal für die Nominierung 🙂
Unsere Antworten auf eure Fragen findet ihr jetzt unter: https://ronnyrakete.de/liebster-award/
Sehr gerne Ihr zwei! Super Antworten habt Ihr Euch einfallen lassen. Hat uns sehr gefreut Euch auf diesem Wege besser kennenzulernen 🙂
Ganz liebe Grüße,
Bianca & Tom